For many of us remote working a is a new and necessary process that we are quickly having to adapt to in order to keep business moving forwards. For those of you who suddenly find yourselves working from home we have put together a guide to help you continue to work efficiently while at home.
Our 5 Top Tips
- Create your own office space. We might not all have a home office or study to work in but try to set up a dedicated space away from the hustle and bustle of family life to work in.
- Get up and get ready as if you are going to leave the house. Do not sit in PJs all day!
- If you have a team, organise daily or weekly online meetings to keep in contact so you’re not alone throughout.
- Just like you would at work, take regular breaks, make a drink or grab a snack. This gives you a chance to stretch your legs and give your eyes a break from the screen. Even go for a short walk and get some fresh air.
- However tempting it may be, stick to your working hours as changing will make adjusting back to the office harder.
Remember there are some perks to working from home:
- You can make a cooked lunch.
- Wear your comfy clothes
- No commuting
- Your pets will love the extra attention
While the next few weeks will be challenging. Be safe. Stay at home.